Nation

(Photo by Joe Raedle/Getty Images)

DeSantis: Biden ‘Needs To Take’ Colonial Pipeline Shut Down ‘Seriously’

During a Fox News interview on Thursday night, Republican Florida Governor Ron DeSantis said that President Biden needs to take the cyberattack on the Colonial Pipeline seriously because it could further damage the economy.

“This is something that’s a very serious attack on critical infrastructure in our country,” DeSantis said. “This pipeline actually doesn’t touch Florida, but it does feed into many of our gas stations. So we declared a state of emergency, we’re lifting restrictions to be able to get more fuel into pumps.”

“But the Biden administration needs to take this seriously,” DeSantis added. “Their initial response is, oh, this is a private pipeline and just shrug your shoulders. This is important infrastructure for our country, and it could impact our economy greatly if they don’t respond.”

The concern that the Colonial Pipeline situation will damage the economy comes as more data details the extent Biden’s policies have already stunted economic growth. In April, the rate of inflation reached the highest level since the Great Recession, doubling the highest projection made by economists in a Bloomberg News survey.

Last week, the Colonial Pipeline was shut down by Russian hackers. Fox Business reported, “The 5,500-mile Colonial Pipeline, which transports more than 100 million gallons of fuel per day, or almost half of the East Coast’s supply, was taken offline on Friday by a Russian hacking group called DarkSide that demanded $100 million ransom.”

“About 68% of gas stations in North Carolina reported fuel outages, according to Gas Buddy. Roughly half of the gas stations in Georgia, South Carolina, Washington, D.C., and Virginia also reported outages.”

Photo by DANIEL SLIM/AFP via Getty Images

Disney Stands Up For Woke Racism

Somewhere Walt Disney is furious.  With all the unwitting ostentatiousness of 1960’s segregationists, today’s version of Walt’s fabled company – the emblem of which has since its inception been a mouse with black skin and a white face – Disney is now going woke.

Journalist Christopher Rufo has unearthed the woke tyranny that is circulated by today’s Disney officials and tweeted it out:

According to a trove of whistleblower materials, Disney has launched a “diversity and inclusion” program, called “Reimagine Tomorrow,” which includes trainings on “systemic racism,” “white privilege,” “white fragility,” “white saviors,” “microaggressions,” and “antiracism.”

Got that? The American treasure that was the fantasy-land of Disney, begun with talking mice, ducks and a dog and now seemingly endless exhibits, rides and adventures at its two mega-parks Disneyland and Disney World is now going full scale woke.

The one-time dreamland for children and not a few adults is now morphing into a wonderland of racism.

Based on this distinctly race-based Disney company policy there are, um, questions.

Donald Duck and his significant other Daisy, not to mention his three nephews Huey, Dewey and Louie, not to mention his uncles Professor Ludwig Von Drake and Scrooge McDuck are…gasp!…all white! Will Donald and his flock of white ducks be getting quacky tutorials on white duck privilege, white duck fragility and the systemic racism of white duckism? Will Snow White become Snow Black? Why is Goofy black?

 

Disney Stands Up For Woke Racism 2 Disney’s Big Bad Wolf is black – with a white face. Hmmm.  Will his color be changed as an admission that the depiction of a Big Bad Wolf as black is a vivid example of systemic cartoon racism? Will the tale of three pink little pigs being threatened by the black Big Bad Wolf be re-written? Why is Clarabelle Cow black with, yes, a white face? Why is Hercules a white guy? For that matter, why is Scar the bad lion in The Lion King  – yellow? Is Disney anti-Asian? Will Scar be lectured on micro-aggressions?

This would all be hilarious if in fact, it were not so deadly serious. What Disney has signed on to is woke-ism…. dividing Americans by race.

And there’s nothing magical about that.

Trump Thumbs Up

Trump Launches New Communications Platform

After months of being banned from social media platforms like Twitter and Facebook, former President Trump launched his own communications platform on Tuesday, which will allow him to communicate directly with his supporters.

“The platform, ‘From the Desk of Donald J. Trump’ appears on www.DonaldJTrump.com/desk,” Fox News wrote in an exclusive report.

“The space allows Trump to post, and allows followers to share the former president’s posts to Twitter and Facebook, however, the new platform does not have a feature to allow users to ‘reply’ or engage with Trump’s posts,” Fox News reported.

“President Trump’s website is a great resource to find his latest statements and highlights from his first term in office, but this is not a new social media platform,” the Trump campaign’s senior advisor Jason Miller told Fox News. “We’ll have additional information coming on that front in the very near future.”

The announcement comes the day before Facebook’s Oversight Board is expected to announce if Trump will be permanently banned from Facebook and Instagram.

“The Board will announce its decision on the case concerning former US President Trump’s indefinite suspension from Facebook and Instagram in the coming weeks. We extended the public comments deadline for this case, receiving 9,000+ responses,” the board announced on Twitter. “The Board’s commitment to carefully reviewing all comments has extended the case timeline, in line with the Board’s bylaws. We will share more information soon.”

According to the New York Post, “At the time he was de-platformed, Trump had more than 88 million Twitter followers and used the service as his go-to forum to break news or announce positions on policy and staffing. He has more than 35 million Facebook followers and more than 24 million Instagram followers.”

The Post added, “Trump says he is considering running for president again in 2024, creating a dilemma for social media companies who already faced allegations of political bias in the 2020 election when they censored The Post’s reporting on documents from a Hunter Biden laptop that appeared to link Joe Biden to his son’s business dealings in China and Ukraine.”

(Photo by Tasos Katopodis/Getty Images)

Giuliani: FBI Agents Refused To Take Hunter Biden’s Hard Drives

During an interview with Fox News’ Tucker Carlson on Thursday, former New York City Mayor Rudy Giuliani said that FBI agents who came to his home with a search warrant for “electronics” refused to take Hunter Biden’s hard drives, even though they fell “within the scope of the subpoena.”

“Well, about six o’clock in the morning, there was a big bang! bang! bang! on the door and outside were seven FBI agents with a warrant for electronics,” Giuliani began. “And I looked at the warrant and I said, ‘This is extraordinary because I offered to give these to the government and talk it over with them for two years.’”

Giuliani said that the FBI agents took seven or eight electronic devices but refused to take the three Hunter Biden hard drives.

“I said, ‘Are you sure you don’t want them?’ I mean the warrant required them to take it,” Giuliani said. “And they said ‘No!’”

“Hunter Biden’s hard drives fall within the scope of the subpoena. The subpoena required them to take all electronics, but they decided to leave that behind. And they also were completely content to rely on my word that these were Hunter Biden’s hard drives,” Giuliani said.

“The search warrant is purportedly based on one single failure to file for representing a Ukrainian national or official that I never represented,” Giuliani added.

Giuliani continued, stating that he “never represented a Ukrainian national or official before the United States government. I’ve declined it several times. I’ve had contracts in countries like Ukraine. In the contract is a clause that says I will not engage in lobbying or foreign representation. I don’t do it because I felt it would be too compromising.”

(Photo by JEFF KOWALSKY/AFP via Getty Images)
/

Democrat Lawmaker Threatens Officers During Drunk-Driving Incident

Democrat Michigan State Rep. Jewell Jones was caught on video from police dashcam fighting with police officers and threatening to call Democrat Michigan Governor Gretchen Whitmer after he crashed his car into a ditch while driving drunk with a partially undressed and incapacitated woman in the car and a gun in his cupholder.

After the crash, Jones was found to have a blood-alcohol level of over .17, which is more than double the Michigan legal limit. As he resisted arrest, officers advised Jones to “not be dumb,” but he made his intention to be dumb very clear as he continued to resist arrest and told officers that he would not comply unless they “shoot him.”

The Michigan GOP detailed the incident on in a thread on Twitter, writing, “Michigan State Police pulled over a Michigan Democrat lawmaker April 2nd for driving drunk. He threatened to call @GovWhitmer on the spot.”

“The 911 calls came pouring in as the Democrat State Representative’s black Chevy Tahoe sped down I-96. For almost 50 miles, the vehicle with the vanity plate ‘ELECTED’ was driving so recklessly that at least one person saw him go the wrong way before rolling into a ditch,” their thread continued. “When police arrived at the scene, according to @MIRSnews, Democrat State Rep. Jewell Jones and his unidentified female passenger were found with their pants down as the Tahoe remained in the ditch.”

“(WARNING – IT GETS GRAPHIC): Jones was ‘holding the woman up’ near the passenger side door, according to a police report obtained by MIRSnews,” they continued. “The woman’s pants ‘were down’ as she vomited and Jewell’s pants ‘were partially down’ when a paramedic arrived at the crash site. Police engaged in a struggle with Jones, and at one point as Jones is on the ground struggling with multiple officers, he shouts: “Let me sit up, (N-Word).””

“Meanwhile, the woman was ‘unable to stand on her own and was essentially unresponsive’ as paramedics tried to administer care, the police report noted,” the thread continued. “When a state police trooper asked for Jones’ identification, Jones refused, at one point prompting the trooper to tell Jones, ‘don’t be dumb.’ During their exchange, Jones responds ‘I can’t do that’ when asked again for his driver’s license and ID.”

“At that point, the officers had had enough. They put their hands on Jones and wrestled him to the ground. Keep in mind a gun was also inside his car, reportedly in the cupholder,” the thread continued. “Jones continued to resist and was brought to the ground by state troopers, who told him to ‘stop resisting.’ This is when the Democrat threatened police, saying, ‘I’ll call Governor Whitmer right now.’ He continued, ‘When I call Gretchen I need y’alls IDs and badges.’”

“In addition to invoking Whitmer’s name, Jones tells the troopers, ‘I’m not giving you my arm unless you shoot me. You shoot me, I’ll get up,’ according to the police report obtained by MIRS news,” the thread added. “Officers do get Jones into handcuffs and he is eventually placed in the back of a Livingston County sheriff’s deputy’s vehicle, although video shows he resisted that request, as well. He was eventually transported to the county jail, where he was held overnight.”

1 2 3 53