Censure, Expel and Disbar Adam Schiff
Hat tip: Nancy Pelosi.
House Speaker Pelosi, furious that her unethical impeachment went down the tubes, is now suggesting the President’s lawyers be disbarred.
As George Washington University Law School professor Jonathan Turley reports this on his own website:
“I was surprised and disappointed therefore that my fellow witness from the Trump impeachment hearing, North Carolina Law Professor and CNN Legal Analyst Michael Gerhardt joined this dubious argument on CNN yesterday. The call for ethics charges seems dangerously close to the view of Lawrence O’Donnell that Trump defenders are barred from his MSNBC program because they are all ‘liars.’”
I have a better idea.
Over here at Fox News former Congressman Jason Chaffetz says of Schiff:
“I still, to this day, do not understand why Adam Schiff has a security clearance. He continues to lie; he continues to put out information that he knows is not true.”
My thought? Don’t just strip Schiff of his security clearance. Disbar Adam Schiff. And have the House censure – and then expel him – for good measure.
Over at The Wall Street Journal, columnist Kimberley Strassel has listed the Schiff denials of due process. She focuses on the Democrats in general, using the word “they.” Let me be more specific and narrow this to the man behind the curtain and in front of the cameras – Adam Schiff. Strassel correctly writes:
“Democrats broke every standard of due process, transparency and fairness in their House investigation, making a mockery of their constitutional duty.”
Then she gets specific with a list I will summarize, substituting “Schiff” for “they”:
- Schiff “hid the identity of the original accuser” – the whistleblower.
- Schiff “held secret depositions, barring more than three-quarters of House members, as well as the press and the American public.”
- Schiff “called 18 witnesses, but blocked the president from calling any in his defense.”
- Schiff excluded the President’s lawyers from the proceedings
- Schiff prohibited the President’s lawyers from cross-examining witnesses
- Schiff denied the President’s defenders the “ability to introduce any evidence” on “the president’s focus on Ukrainian corruption.”
- “Schiff secretly obtained and published the communications records of the president’s private attorney, a member of Congress and a reporter.”
- Schiff withdrew the Democrats’ “court challenge to compel a key witness, depriving the White House of the ability to defend its executive-privilege claim in court.”
- Schiff had the Democrats approve “two articles of impeachment that failed to identify a crime.”
The Schiff Democrats, as Strassel notes, led an “affront to basic norms and standards.”
Exactly right. For this gross dereliction of his legal obligations Adam Schiff should be disbarred. And for his abuse of power as the House Intelligence Committee Chairman and the central leader of the House impeachment mob, Schiff should be censured by the House – then expelled from the House in disgrace.